Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oh yeah... thats what the sun looks like.

Today we had a high of 35 and roughly 11 hours of sunlight. It seriously felt like t shirt weather after enduring this past winter. This past two weeks Anchorage celebrated a yearly festival known as the "fur rendezvous." During this time they have a bunch of different activities. Last week we went to watch a k-5 costume run and then looked at a bunch of ice sculptures and played around on an ice rink in the middle of it all.

There was an outdoor ice rink with these types of sculptures all around it.
 This weekend we went to see the running of the reindeer. This event is supposed to be like the running of the bulls except that the reindeer were fairly small and they were more afraid of the runners than the runners of the reindeer. Afterward we had some excellent street vendor hot dogs and went to the carnival to ride the gravitron. Also there was a snowboarding/skiing competition on this huge, home-made looking, ramp.
THE GRAVITRON! I hadn't seen one of these since the reams in Magna had a carnival in their parking lot. 

For Daniela's birthday we had some friends over for lunch, had some of my specially made cake and watched a movie. It was a nice quiet afternoon.
In other news, I'm starting week 8 of P90X. I'm seeing some good results, but I kind of fell in my eating habits. I've been playing basketball on monday mornings with some people from my ward and on saturday mornings with a group of polynesians. In all, its been good times all around.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I remember that gravitron in the Reams parking lot. That thing was off the hook- I was wondering where it had gone to... Love you guys, Hans

    ReplyDelete